Newburgh Rowing Club (“NRC”) Liability Waiver
IN CONSIDERATION of the below named child being given the opportunity to participate in NRC, and any NRC activity which occurs on or in proximity to the NRC Boathouse and premises, including but not limited to the lands under water or Dock or water areas adjacent to the premises, and in consideration of being allowed to participate in any events and activities, which take place at the Boathouse and/or at other locations, including scheduled, supervised club activities, on behalf of my child below named (“Participant”), of whom I am the parent or guardian:
- ACKNOWLEDGE, agree and represent that understand the nature of rowing, swimming, and other activities, both on water and land based, and that the Participant is qualified, in good health and in proper physical condition to participate in such Activity;
- FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT ROWING AND OTHER ACTIVITIES CARRY THE RISK of: (a) serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis and death (“Risks”); (b) these risks and dangers may be caused by Participant’s actions, or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the condition in which the Activity takes pace, or the negligence of the Releasees names below; (c ) there may be other risks and social and economic losses either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and FULLY ACCEPT THE RISKS ON BEHALF OF THE PARTICIPANT.
- I WILLINGLY AGREE TO COMPLY WITH THE STATED AND CUSTOMARY TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION.
- I HEREBY RELEASE, discharge and covenant not to sue the Newburgh Rowing Club, its Board members, the City of Newburgh, Ward Brothers Memorial Park, and each of their commissioners, directors, officers, agents, employees, volunteers, trainees, successors and assigns, organizers, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which the Activity occurs (the “Releasees”), from any liability claims, demands, losses or damages, on my account caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Releasees, or otherwise, including, but not limited to, negligent rescue operations; and further agree that if, despite this release and waiver of liability, assumption of risk and indemnity agreement, I or anyone on my behalf makes a claim against any of these Releasees, I will indemnify, save and hold harmless, each of the Releasees from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage or cost which may be incurred as a result of such claim.
- The Newburgh Rowing Club may record its activities with cameras of other electronic equipment, for publicity or other purposes, By signing this waiver form, I give permission for my child to be recorded/photographed and for Newburgh Rowing Club to use these recording/ photographs.
I have read this agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it and have signed it freely and without any inducement or assurance of any nature and intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law and agree that if any portion of this agreement is held to be invalid and the balance, notwithstanding, shall continue in full force and effect.
Signature: ___________________________________ Date: ____________ Print Name: __________________________________